Wednesday, February 27, 2008
To the individual that felt it necessary to complain about my baby during the convention in which YOU chose to seat yourself close to the "Cry Room" which had no working sound and thus required that we kept the door open in order to be able to hear the speaker: Find a different seat FAR AWAY. The auditorium seats 4,200 people. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a seat where you won't be within ear shot of my baby. Oh, and by the way - babies make sounds. Even when they're not crying, they're usually not silent.
Posted by The Planet Pink at 9:33 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
My dear hubby and I are planning on a semi getaway this week. I say semi because part of the time we will be with my parents and part of the time we will be leaving the two older princesses at my parents and going 4 hours away for 2 nights with princess #3 in tow. So, not a true getaway, but hey, I'll take what I can get!
Anyway, in preparation for the week long vacation from work, hubby has been putting in long days, working 6 days straight. While he comes home exhausted, I'm about to pull my hair out! There's something maddening about not having a day off, God created weekends for a reason!
My only saving grace has been this: miraculously the past 4 days IN A ROW I've been able to get all 3 princesses to take a nap, AT THE SAME TIME!! For two blissful hours I'm left to my own peace and quiet with the freedom to do whatever I please. Not only am I able to fill the time with mindless activities, but I'm even able to squeeze in a little housework and meal preparation that makes me look like the most awesome housewife ever. I am at this very moment loving life. Naptime - it does a mama good!
Posted by The Planet Pink at 2:28 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
It's official. Princess #3 is walking. She's been standing on her own for what seemed like forever. The last few days she began to take little shuffling steps to the side. And today, I'm not sure if it was the highly appealing looking toy her sisters were playing with or what, but she took off. A solid 6-7 steps in a row without falling. And then she did it again. And again. And again.
And I'm thrilled. And at the same time, heartbroken. Walking means new independence. Walking means that now all 3 of my children can run away from me. Walking means I no longer have a baby. Instead I have a toddler who is quickly growing into her own personality and discovering her world on her own terms now. And while watching her experience life on her own two little feet brings me much joy, inside my heart hurts a little, because with each new tentative step we get further away from the "baby phase": a period of life I've identified with the last 6 years. I'll eventually be ready to embrace the next phase, but just not tonight.
Posted by The Planet Pink at 10:14 PM
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
OK, so Chuck E. Cheese today wasn't completely horrible. Note to self (and anyone else reading this): IF I ever get suckered into hosting a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, PLEASE remember to schedule it at 10am on any day, as that is the time that Chuck E. Cheese opens and therefore has not yet had time to become completely inundated with germs and packed to the rafters with people. DO remember to bring a stroller for Princess #3 so that I don't have to carry her around on my hip for 2 hours straight for fear if I put her down she will find the nearest crumb and crawl to it at lightening speed and put said crumb into her mouth before I can react. DO bring enough money to buy Princess #2 (who isn't invited to the party) her own beverage and DO purchase it before a line gathers at the counter. And finally, DO allow the princesses to waste their tokens on rides and the picture drawing station which doesn't give out tickets, so that the amount of random plastic crap that returns home with us is kept to a minimum.
Ah, lessons learned.
Posted by The Planet Pink at 10:34 PM
Friday, February 8, 2008
I've been tagged! Wow, this is a new one for me. I've never been tagged in the blogging world before... My first thought after discovering the lovely Jeri had tagged me was "Oh crap. Now I gotta think of something smart and witty to say."
So, here you go, my attempt at being smart and witty and not the least bit dull while fulfilling a tag assignment:
6 Quirks About You
1: Link to the person that tagged you
2: Post the rules on your blog
3: Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4: Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs
5: Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6: Let the fun begin!
1. I do not start the day without coffee. This habit is due to my lovely husband who spent the better part of 3 years following college living in Europe which is well known for creating coffee connoisseurs. Although I blame my morning addiction on him, the fact is however, that I am a complete crab and pain in the youknowwhat until I get my "fix" which leads me to believe that I would have discovered this vice on my own at some point without his help anyway. My husband and I were meant to be, as he is also a complete pain until he gets his morning coffee as well. In fact, at one point, early on in our marriage, we agreed that nothing "counted" until we had had our coffee - in an effort to give ourselves a "get out of jail free" card with each other. And it's worked. I swear it has been the key to a happy marriage!
2. I don't mind that our princesses still get in bed with us at night, even though I might say I do. My husband and I talk a big talk with each other about getting the girls to stay all night in their beds and we even come up with rewards and what not. But when it comes down to it, neither of us ever follow through. If I wake up in the middle of the night and one of them is lying between us, I'm more likely to snuggle up to my baby than force her back to her bed. Something about how peaceful and sweet and nearly angelic they can be while asleep... makes me want to bottle it up and keep it forever. They're only little for so long...
3. I hate folding laundry. Hate, hate, hate it. So much so I have to force myself to finish one load to completion (meaning washing, drying, folding AND putting away), before I can start the next one. Otherwise we will have a mountain of clean (wrinkled) clothes in our living room that we pull out of everyday to get dressed. In fact, at this very moment I have one such mountain staring at me as it has for the past two days. Husband and I just keep walking past it. I suppose it won't fold itself, huh?
4. I have a hard time reading books all the way through without skipping ahead to see what happens. I'm not sure when this bad habit started, but probably at some point while I was suffering through AP English and frantically trying to get all the reading assignments done. Mrs. Ward would probably retract my "B" if she knew about my skimming. I got REEEALLLY good at picking out the important stuff.
5. I get most annoyed by the sound of someone crunching ice. My husband is the worst and he's passed this lovely trait on to Princess #1. Seriously, the sound of ice cubes scraping and grinding over teeth makes my skin crawl. It's crawling right now just thinking of it.
6. I don't make my bed. There, I said it. Good thing my mom doesn't read this.
Alrighty, there you have it. Now, who shall I torture? Beth, Shannon, and Kari, you're it! Have fun!
Posted by The Planet Pink at 9:25 PM