PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, December 19, 2008

I suck

It's true, I do.  Sometimes I just suck at being a mom.  I lose my temper after picking up toys and shoes for the bazillionth time.  I yell a little too loudly when I get tired of not being heard.  I crave solitude probably more than I should considering the number of children I have.  And this week, I was the slacker mom that forgot that her #2 and #3 princesses were supposed to bring Christmas snacks and a book to exchange to preschool.  So, while other little girls were running into their classrooms toting beautifully wrapped packages that were no doubt thoughtfully purchased, tied with ribbons and tulle, my princesses walked in with books from our own stash (yes, it's true) and were followed by a bedraggled mommy carrying a $1 roll of wrapping paper purchased from the local grocery store a mere 10 minutes earlier.  And the Christmas snack? Yeah, that didn't happen at all.

To say I walked out of the preschool feeling like total crap would be an understatement.  I know it's so little in the grand scheme of things, but failing at stuff like this just takes the wind out of my sails.  It's silly to want to be the perfect parent, and I'm not even sure that's really good for the kids anyway.  But is it too much to ask to at least have the capacity to remember when it's gift day at preschool?  

1 comment:

  1. You are pregnant...you don't suck...just forgetful like any pregnant mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails