PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Paybacks

I'm sure that living in the land of Pink may sound like fun to alot of people who don't have the option of experiencing it on a daily basis.  And yes, it IS alot of fun... at times.  But I'm also 98% certain that being proclaimed Your Majesty of Planet Pink is also alot about PAYBACK.  Payback for all the drama I caused for my parents while I was myself, a Princess.   It's almost amusing at times, the amount of drama that courses through this home's veins at any given moment.  And we haven't even made it past the age of 6 yet!  Check back with me in another 10 years to see if I still find it amusing.

Case in point:  a few days ago, I was in the kitchen peacefully preparing dinner when Princess #1 entered, begging for a cup of soda.  Call me mean, but I told her no, not until after dinner.  I'm not sure why this response surprised her, since it's the same response she would get over and over no matter how many times she asked, and yet this time it sent her into a full fledged tantrum.  Now, temper tantrums from 2 year olds I can tolerate, but when my 6 year old tries to manipulate the situation by falling on the floor, she gets sent to her room.  And so off she went.  I went back to making dinner.  Not more than a minute or two later, Princess #1 comes back to the kitchen screaming something about her tooth and her mouth was full of blood.

Now, ordinarily I might have panicked myself, but since just a few days prior we had discovered that a permanent tooth was poking through behind her bottom right baby tooth, I immediately assumed that her tooth had fallen out.  I was a bit surprised by the amount of blood, but didn't feel the need to overreact.  So I took the hysterical Princess #1 to the bathroom to clean her up.  The amount of drama oozing from her little body was amazing.  Nearly to the point of hyperventilation, eyes popping out of her head, sobbing uncontrollably, the works.  It was quite a sight to see.  It took a great deal of self control to not laugh at my amusement over the whole situation.

But it gets even better.  Once we got the bleeding stopped and I got her calmed down enough, I asked Princess #1 to tell me how it happened.  Remember that temper tantrum?  Well, apparently she was SO MAD at me, that when I sent her to her room she grabbed a blanket and was biting on it.  At one point she ripped the blanket out of her mouth, and the tooth came with it.  As Princess #1 was retelling me the story, I'm ashamed to admit that I did NOT have enough self control to keep myself from laughing out loud.  It was totally a "serves you right!" moment (although I did have enough restraint to not say THAT outloud).

The hysterical Princess was convinced she had swallowed the ill-fated tooth.  Fortunately, You Majesty knows *just enough* about physics that I was able to assume that if she had ripped the blanket out of her mouth, the tooth most likely projected across the room in the same direction.  So then I began the painstaking task of searching for the tiny tooth, lest the Tooth Fairy would skip over our home that evening.  I had Princess #1 show me where she was sitting and what direction she was facing at the time of the extraction.  In a miraculous turn of events, I stumbled across the tooth, sitting neatly in the middle of her little sister's pillow.  

If that wasn't enough drama, the rest of the evening was filled with overreaction about eating, drinking, brushing teeth, etc. with the new hole in her mouth.  I'm not sure how many times I had to reassure the Princess that people went on to eat and drink like normal after loosing teeth.  The whole evening was one of those very profound moments where I realized: This is my life.  Going from managing one drama to another.  I think I may need to invest in Prozac.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails