PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

Today, while strolling through Target (well, I use that word loosely as I was accompanied by Princesses #2, #3 and #4 and honestly, not much "strolling" goes on when I have those 3 to deal with - but anyway, I digress.), Princess #2 leans back in the cart and takes in a deep breath of air and says with a sigh: "ah, it's so good to be let out of the castle walls." After I recovered from busting a gut laughing, I amused myself with various day dreams - oh to have castle walls to be let out of in the first place!

And I wonder if that's what it feels like to a little kid. Here are my 4 princesses, held captive in our "castle" (ha!), only let out when Your Majesty feels so inclined. And lately, it takes alot for Your Majesty to feel inclined. I mean, who can blame me really, right? I wish I was a more "fun" mom, one that had more organization, more energy, more creative-ness, and more time (ah, the holy grail!). So many times the princesses come home from school and our activities include a little reading, a little coloring, a little TV (gasp! yes, it's true!). Nothing very inspiring or exciting. No wonder Princess #2 was thrilled at the thought of going to Target.

I think I've got to let go of the idea that I can be some sort of super mom with really cool snacks and crafts and other entertaining things that don't include the TV or going to the store. Let's face it, right now I'm doing good just to have food in the fridge. And if an outing to Target inspires declarations of satisfaction from my princesses, then so be it. There are worse things, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails