PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Super Nanny

Today we began a new journey.

My sister-in-law, who struggles with MS, and her daughter came to stay with us for awhile.

She has to begin a new steroid treatment that won't allow her to continue nursing.

So she's come here for moral support.

She normally nurses her daughter to sleep.

But tonight I was the one that held her and sang to her and laid her in bed.

She was very confused.

My sister-in-law was very sad.

It was hard to be the one that came between them, no matter how necessary.

I wonder if the Super Nanny feels like this.

4 comments:

  1. Many prayers for your family. Even though the situation is hard, I have a feeling that this will be a good change for y'all. Your girls seem like they are always ready for a new group of people to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, T. My heart ached for the mama having to make a change she wasn't really wanting and it swelled for you and the nurturing mama you are to step in and love on babies. Super Nanny doesn't hold a flame to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my heart breaks reading this. I pray that the transition is quick for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very concise and very poignant. You are a kind soul for taking on this responsibility. I'm very much enjoying catching up on your lovely blog... xo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails