PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday: Someday

Someday
*originally posted September 2009*


Someday, when my princesses can spread the toothpaste without making a mess, will I miss them needing me to brush their teeth every night?

Someday, when my princesses can dress themselves, will I miss them needing me to lay out their clothes everyday?

Someday, when my princesses can open the refrigerator by themselves, will I miss them expecting me to drop everything to get them a drink of milk?

Someday, when my princesses can entertain themselves, will I miss dressing Barbies and putting together puzzles?

Someday, when my princesses can make their own food, will I miss nuking chicken nuggets and washing tons of grapes?

Someday, when my princesses can read chapter books on their own, will I miss spending the evenings laboring over 'Hop On Pop'?

Someday, when my princesses can bathe themselves, will I miss painstakingly washing their hair while not a drop of water gets in their eyes?

Someday, when my princesses can drive, will I miss them needing me to cart them all over town?

Someday, when my princesses can talk on the phone, will I miss them wanting to tell me every small detail of their day?

Someday, when my princesses decide that sleep is a GOOD thing, will I miss singing them to sleep?

Someday, when my princesses like boys, will I miss hearing their declarations that boys are "icky"?

Someday, when my princesses fall in love, will I miss being #1 in their life?

Someday, when my princesses are all grown up, will I be ready?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. My heart already aches at how fast these somedays fly by! Those little thoughts reminded me to savor every little moment with my daughter as much as I can because what might get "old" to me now will be something I will long for and miss in years gone by! sniff, sniff:( Maybe I need to have four girls too to stretch this stuff out as long as possible! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. My daughter is 4 and I can so relate to almost all of them.

    I love it, reminds us to slow down and enjoy what we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't realize this doesn't link back to me at all. I'm visiting from

    http://shibleysmiles.blogspot.com

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so true! My little man is only 15 months, but I already miss so many of the things we did when he was super little. I never understood when people told me it goes by so fast...now I do (though I wish I didn't!).

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails