PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Brilliant

I swear sometimes I wonder where my brain is. Every last brain cell has apparently been sucked up into the abyss of diapers, homework and laundry. Is it any wonder I can remember my own name?

But I'm really annoyed with myself this time.

Princess #2 turned 5 on Christmas Day. I know, brilliant day to have a baby. Actually, it's really all sorts of wonderful, EXCEPT when it comes to having a birthday party. I just don't have my act together to get it done. This year, I promised myself she would have an actual "friend" party, even if it meant waiting until January to do it.

So here we are. I've been planning. Thinking. Painstakingly going over details. We set a date of January 23rd. Printed invitations. Actually got them in the mail on time (shocker!). We have a venue reserved. Party favors chosen. Cake ordered.

And then...

I get an email from one of her little friends' mothers late last night, just a week before the party. She had reserved the venue for me.

"um... Did I get the date wrong, or did you ... the invitation says February??"

CRAP.

Guess who's making a ton of phone calls today? (sigh)

3 comments:

  1. T.T.
    I love reading your blogs...this one was a great way to start my morning. You and ashley need to compare notes about these types of things happening...she calls it preggo brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It is a hormone thing and only females understand it.
    I know you will get it all straightened out and it will be a fantastic party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of my favorite Facebook flair button -- Mommy Brain: confusion caused by over-exposure to children.

    What a pain though!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails