PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 15, 2010

That's Church

I know that Haiti and it's people are heavy on everyone's hearts this week. Such devastation is hardly fathomable, for those of us fortunate enough to be sitting in our warm homes, surrounded by comforts that are not even close to being necessary for life. And yet, not only is such devastation a living nightmare for so many on this day, it is a horror that will forever impact a nation and people for decades to come.

I cannot watch the news coverage. I hear bits and pieces of stories through friends or links on Facebook, but that's as far as I can get. My mommy heart is just too fragile, too sensitive to allow myself to read about fellow mommy's, their babies... I just can't go there.

I did run across a story that I do want to share though. Or rather, I'll let those living it share it with you. Please visit That's Church. This blog is devoted to two American women who currently live in Haiti and run an orphanage. They are desperately trying to get 150 children in their care out of Haiti and back to America. They have been granted permission to do so and are currently searching for a plane. They need food. They need clothes. They need a miracle. Please go to their blog. Read their story. And pray. Pray, pray, pray. 150 children is such a small number in the large, horrific picture that's been painted this week. But it's HUGE to those 150 children. It's LIFE.

I know I have little to offer. But I have a God who hears the cries of His people. And He is more than enough.


1 comment:

  1. I think we're all feeling compassion for the people of Haiti. But you're right, we serve an awesome God. The overflowing support for this corrupt country will touch so many lives.

    (I tried to follow the link, but That's Church website says it's down.)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails