PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Lovin It.. Or Not

There's this new commercial for McDonald's that I love. I looked all over YouTube but couldn't find a copy of it, so you'll have to bear with my description.

A mom and dad purchase a Happy Meal in it's distinctive box (which I've noticed our Happy Meals come in paper bags these days. Cheapskates. But I digress...) and head towards home. Clearly they are racing to be the first one to walk in the door, each snatching the Happy Meal out of the other's hands as they leap over obstacles and push each other out of the way. Finally the dad emerges victorious and smugly hands the Happy Meal to his young son immediately upon bursting through the door. The boy looks at the Happy Meal and then with exuberance cries out "Thanks Mom!" and throws himself around her as she walks into the room behind the dad.

I busted up laughing the first time I saw this commercial, because this is SO our life. It doesn't seem to matter that there are TWO perfectly capable adults living in our home. Mom is ALWAYS the go-to person. Sometimes I feel badly for hubby, especially in instances like this commercial depicts. But mostly it just annoys the heck out of me. Because unlike this commercial, the favor towards Your Majesty tends to happen at the most inconvenient times. Why am I the one that is awakened at the crack of dawn (or earlier) to get breakfast for hungry tummies, when daddy is snoring right next to me? Is there a reason that I am the one called away from very important duties (you know, laundry, cooking, uh... computer time...) to break up fights, even if daddy is actually in the room? Or my personal favorite: Is it really necessary to interrupt my shower to ask for a drink, when your daddy is right there in the kitchen?

I know, I should be flattered, right? It makes sense that I'm the first they come to. I'm around the most, I oversee day in, day out life for the most part. But sometimes the oversight of daddy is downright exhausting. I'd be more than happy to let him take the credit for a Happy Meal every once in awhile. At least let me get through my whole shower in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I like the music in this ad; I sure wish I could find a link! Thanks for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails