PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Are You A Loser?

Is anyone else a Biggest Loser fan?

I love this show.  It sends me into tears nearly every episode.  I'm insanely envious of Jillian Michaels.  I have a little crush on Bob (who doesn't?).  I pull for each and every one of the contestants and am heartbroken when they have to go home and sit on the edge of my seat waiting to see their "After" shots.  And the season finales... wow.  Now that's TV!

Weight's a touchy topic in this country.  Most people agree it's a problem, very few agree how to fix it.  My personal opinion?  It's exactly that - personal.  We can have all the programs in the world, get all sorts of education and funding, but the bottom line is, a person who is overweight due to misuse of food and poor lifestyle choices is not going to change (or lose weight) until they want to.

Understanding how difficult it is to make those changes, I want to take a second to shine a light on a couple very near and dear to me who have done just that.  My mother in law and father in law.



10 months ago both were walking the very thin and dangerous line of obesity.  A combination of many factors that are probably all too familiar to most people in this country led them to where they ended up and each were struggling with the by-products as a result.  My father in law, on many medications for blood pressure and cholesterol struggled day to day with pain in his feet when he would walk.  My mother in law fought fatigue on a daily basis.  After trying several diet plans with little to no success, they finally agreed together that enough was enough!

On January 1st, 2010, they embarked on a new journey, together.  They fought the temptation, together. They changed their habits, together.  They began to exercise, together.  They found a new normal, together.  And they lost weight, together.  A grand total of 170 pounds!


Hubs and I are SO proud of them.  Because they changed their story.  A story that was bound for diabetes, heart disease and God knows what else.  They have their health back.  Their energy.  They can actually run after the princesses and keep up now!  Yes it took hard work and dedication.  But the rewards are great!

My friends, do you have any "Losers" in your life that you are proud of?  Maybe yourself? Or is there someone who is currently inspiring you to become a "Loser"?  I'd love to hear about it!  The journey back to health is much easier when you have friends along to cheer you on!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I know this post isn't brand new, but I just got the chance to read it (and I love your blog by the way)- They look incredible! Congrats to them! My sister and I are getting back to the 'way things used to be' and we have lost a total of almost 90 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is a fantastic accomplishment! And thanks for stopping by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring story! I love to hear about these. Congratulations to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love hearing personal stories about people successfully losing weight and feeling better afterwards. My dad is only 50 and due to being out of shape and over weight has diabetes, high cholesterol, etc...he is totally unmotivated to do anything because he feels awful. It's great to hear that it can be done!! Congrats to them for sticking to it. That is hard work but, it paid off!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting this! I really need some inspiration right now. They both look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails