PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just Jump

It's so easy to have dreams. Those lofty goals that float out somewhere in the future. The "Someday's" and the "One day's". I've spent the majority of my adult life chasing after various dreams. Some I've achieved. Some are still out there floating.

I'm facing one of those floating dreams now. It's one that's been formulating around in my head since the birth of our first princess. It's been modified, revamped, abandoned and revisited. 7 years in the making. And now I stand on the precipice and am about to take a leap.

And I'm freaked out.

When a dream is just a dream there's no risk of failure. You can't suck at it. You can't make mistakes. It's easy to stare off into the future and imagine yourself accomplishing your dream with perfection and ease. So many times I've been tempted to just stay in this state of limbo, because then I have nothing to lose.

Except of course, everything.

Because what good is a dream if you don't go for it? Will I be happy if, at the end of the day, I look at my collection of unachieved, lofty dreams and know that if I had just taken that next step I wouldn't be looking at a dream, but rather a reality? Because the truth is, the time is going to pass whether I pursue my dream or not.

So. I've decided to jump. I'm going to close my eyes, plug my nose and jump. I have no idea if I know how to swim. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

5 comments:

  1. Go for it!
    And keep us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confident you will rock it and am so glad u are taking the jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you talking about your "dream". I know you will be great at it! So glad you're going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you. You can do anything!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails