PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Roll Baby Roll

Total white trash moment at the Planet Pink today.

We were outside this evening after dinner enjoying the ridiculously beautiful spring weather. Seriously, we don't usually get Spring. We go straight from winter to tornadoes to hot as heck. This past week has been AH-mazing and makes me think I'm living in Colorado. It's that good.

ANYWAY (sorry I get distracted with beautiful weather), our princesses are sadly remedial when it comes to riding bikes. I like to blame it on the fact that it's just so hard to coordinate our schedules (hubby and I) so that one is available to work with the olders while the other watches the youngers. And that's partially true. But if I'm honest, we've had princess bikes in our possession for 5 years now. You'd think at some point we could have worked it out. No, honestly, it's just a big pain in the rear to me, to constantly bend over and push the back of the dang seat so the princesses can get moving, only to have them stop 5 feet later and need to be pushed again. Really, where is the fun in that?

So tonight, the weather was too good to resist. We hauled out all 3 bikes and one umbrella stroller and set out on our makeshift parade. Since I was pushing the stroller, hubby got the "pushing the bike" duty (insert evil laugh here). Of course for him, Princess #1 and #2 take off as if they've been riding all their lives. So that leaves him navigating for Princess #3 on her tiny little bike (who knew they made them so small?).

We went around the block twice. On the second time around Princess #2 got a little cocky and jumped out ahead of us. We yelled at her to stop at the corner... then at the next corner.. aaaand the next. Little booger has a listening problem. Upon catching up to her hubby promptly removed her from her bike and walked her home. Uh oh. Big trouble. We get to the garage where Princess #1 and #3 park their bikes and where Princess #2 is getting a lecture. I put the brakes on the umbrella stroller and leave Princess #4 parked in the middle of the driveway while I put up helmets, etc.

And the white trash moment? Oh, I promise it's coming. I had just finished putting everything away, and turn around just in time to see a smiling Princess #4 roll casually backwards down our driveway. It was one of those moments that was horrifying and hilarious at the same time. I about broke a rib jumping out to catch the handle of the stroller just before she hit the street. And then I busted a gut laughing. Seriously one of those "had to be there" moments. Princess #4 just looked like she had had the ride of her life, grinning ear to ear, her little legs kicking and grunting her "do it again Mama!" grunt.

Sigh. These kids.

I have no idea why I felt the need to bore you with the entire saga of bike riding to get to the white trash moment of baby rolling down the driveway. But there you go. Now your life is complete. And no worries, there were no vehicles in sight.

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! I feel guilty, my girls rarely ever ride their bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, we did the bike things this past weekend. It's SOOO difficult! And N wiped out because apparently his front brakes don't work-whoops! Oh, and I totally did the stroller thing while GARAGE-saleing with N when he was a baby. He rolled right down a driveway while I was perusing used clothes-I about DIED! That's totally w.t. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that is the closest you come to white trash, you are doing so well. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails