PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tomorrow Is A New Day

I am so close to just wanting to give up today. I'm so tired. Most of the time I just go go go, pushed forward by adrenaline and the knowledge that if I don't, no one else will. And usually, at some point I come crashing down.

Today was that day. I'm just overwhelmed by the tremendous responsibility that comes with raising four children. I'm weary from the constant denial of my own agenda and needs, too busy getting food, running kids to the potty, breaking up arguments and responding to the never ending "mommmmmmmmy!". I forget to go to the bathroom, or to eat a bowl of cereal in the morning.

Do you ever wish you could just throw a temper tantrum? To let out all the emotions you have to keep bottled up, just stomp you feet on the floor and run to your room and slam the door behind you? I do.

I am so blessed. I know this. I love my children fiercely. I would do anything for them. And I gladly day and day out assume my role as their mommy. But today, just for today, I am tired. I'll have to ask my princesses for forgiveness. I haven't been the best mommy today. Tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

  1. Big, big hugs. I have days like that every week, and I think it is okay to scream if you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like that and I'm only raising two girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually... I did just that on Saturday. Locked myself in the closet and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. Then I sat in there and journaled. It was almost theraputic!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails