PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just Some Updates

I'm not sure quite how it's possible, but my sweet, exuberant, lively Princess #3 is off to preschool.  I always weird myself out by comparing where we were when her older sisters were that age.  Just a mere 2 years ago Princess #2 was in her spot, and now she's a big bad Kindergartener.  Sigh.  You know this means in just two more years I'll have all 4 princesses in school.  I wonder then if I'll finally be all sentimental about school starting?  Don't hate me, but right now I feel nothing but absolute joy at the thought of the start of a new school year.  Oh that sounds horrible, doesn't it?

I've been filling my time with, well, alot of nothing right now.  Princess #4 is EATING up the only child thing.  She's in that stage where she's not exactly happy to have to share her mama with anyone.  And she lets us know, alot- in the form of high pitched, glass breaking screeches.  Sigh.  So I'm happy to indulge her as an only child for a few hours everyday, in the hopes of breaking that nasty little habit.

I'm trucking along in my journey to reach my dream.  I have stacks of textbooks to dig through, position papers to digest and workshops to attend.  It's still scary.   Very scary.  But, exhilarating at the same time.  Now if only I could find decent chunks of times to devote to it every day... I know I know.  I just said I was doing alot of nothing, but you know what that really means: laundry, dishes, general clutter control... somehow the hours just slip away.  And I've quickly discovered that I can't pull my old college trick and just wait until the Princesses are in bed to study late into the night.  If I sit down on the couch and attempt to open a book, no matter how interesting, instant snooze-ville.  Occupational hazard of being a mom I guess.

Along similar lines, the story of Princess #4's birth is being featured at Unexpectant.com today.  If you didn't get a chance to read it when I guest posted at Ingenue Mom, head over and check it out!  It was the catalyst for me finally pushing myself toward becoming a childbirth educator and doula.

And this wraps up a completely boring and dry post.  Sorry, I guess the coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet. Have a fabulous day and I promise to be more interesting tomorrow!

My friends, what are you up to today?  Has school started yet?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails